- Vicki: Damon was the one that turned Vicki, which led to her eventual death.
- Jenna: Damon killed the vampire Klaus was planning on using in the sacrifice, which led to him using Jenna as an alternative.
- Alaric: Damon killed Alaric multiple times while he was wearing the Gilbert ring, which was the reason he went crazy.
- Bonnie’s grandmother: Damon was the one who wanted the tomb open in the first place, despite being warned about it.
- "She taught me how to kill": Katherine never saw Damon after he first became a vampire. Sage was the one that taught him how to kill.
#this whole episode was an apology for damon being a dick #it made excuses for him #it set a bad example for women everywhere #it says that you should fall for the abusive asshole who rapes your friends #there’s a darkness in him that controls his actions #having bad shit happen to you does not make you less responsible for being a shitty person #it does not take away your agency #everything horrible that was ever done #is damon’s fault #i’m seriously considering quitting this show #because no one acknowledges this on it #not the writers #and hence not the characters #and we are in the endless cycle of promoting bad behaviour #and romanticising abuse #and that isn’t okay #it will never be okay #it is disgusting (via concertinacheatingheartbeat)
#ugh #this is still so ridiculous to me #like i can see some douchebag like matt blaming a woman for something that damon did #what really really annoys me is damon being all like ‘boohoo katherine made me the evil thing i am today’ #and the narrative feeling like it validates this statement? #and am i totally misremembering damon being all like ‘i own my shit’ in s1? this fucking pathetic loser #basically this boils down to damon being an annoying pathetic weak little floppelganger #he’s such a total flop (via sheepboxes)